Monday, May 21, 2012

31 THINGS | DAY FIVE

Conversation

You know when you were in high school and you would get butterflies talking to that really cute boy. That’s me when I talk to my husband. Typically throughout the day the number one person that I talk to the most is my husband, Josh. This is one of the best things in the world! To have a spouse that you can talk to about anything and everything is truly a blessing. He is the first person I talk to in the morning and the last person I talk to at night, with so very many times in-between too. We talk in-person, on the phone, leaving ridiculously long voicemails, text messages, emails, notes, Skype, even leaving posts on Facebook. We have silly, serious, meaningful, loud, funny, sad, mean, loving, and quiet conversations.

I’m so blessed to have a husband that I can sit at the coffee shop with and talk for hours to and not run out of anything to say. I think we both do our fair share of talking and listening. I know that without a doubt that if I have something that is weighing on my shoulders all I have to do is talk to Josh about it. I also know that without a doubt Josh will be able to make me smile. Through hard conversations and easy ones Josh is always there.

One of the most special conversations that I have had with Josh was when we started dating. He took me for a drive in the country. The windows were down and the sun was out. Josh was nervous; you could tell that he had something so very important that he wanted to tell me. He lit his cigar, took his ball cap off and said “I love you Anna”.

No comments:

Post a Comment