Work
My fancy title, it goes a little something like this; Wife, Momma, Sister, Daughter, Niece, Auntie, Cousin, Friend. When I’m not using that title or wearing the shiny cape that comes with it I am an office manager at the largest co-location in the region.
I start work at 7:30 in the morning and am out the door at 4:30. Our office is in downtown Kansas City. The drive in isn’t so fun, nor is the drive home, I’m not a city person. The people that I work with are absolutely amazing. One of the perks is that I am able to work from home if I have to, something that has come in handy many times. One of the not so great things about my job is that the majority of the people that I work with are men. They have all become very dear friends but men none the less. I say that because I work all day with men and then come home to all men. I joke often that I am going to get a girl goldfish to even the odds out a little. I love learning about the new tech gadgets that are out there and my job defiantly exposes me to that on a daily basis.
This is not exactly the job that I grew up thinking that I would have as an adult. I planned on being a nurse. I went to college to be a nurse. Life happened so here I am. Someday I would like to go back to college. I’m not sure what it is that I want to be for sure when I grow up. My dream job, will always involve some kind of art.

No comments:
Post a Comment