Friday, May 18, 2012

31 THINGS | DAY TWO

Morning

The alarm rings at 5:30am depending on how early we got to bed the night before we either a) get up or b) hit the snooze three more times, generally we hit the snooze. So about 6:00 I clumsily get out of bed and head to the bathroom to start my daily routine. This consists of straightening my hair, putting on makeup, taking vitamins and brushing my teeth. Once that is done I wake Josh up so he can take a shower. I will check the weather on my iPhone. This is something that I think I learned from my Momma growing up. She ALWAYS had the radio on in the morning. We would hear about the morning news, traffic and weather. After I have found out what kind of weather we will be having I get my work clothes on. At about 6:30 I’ll head into Samual’s room hit the light and sing “A rise and shine and give God the glory, glory”. I head into Louis and Rian’s room and do the same thing. Suddenly there will be a mad rush for all the boys to use the upstairs restroom. They seem to always conveniently forget about our second bathroom. Samual will ask what kind of clothes to wear. I’ll tell him short sleeves and shorts or whatever it is that the weather calls for. He is old enough now to pick out his own outfits! Louis will ask the exact same question and go lay back down in bed. Rian and I will go change his pull-up, get his school clothes and then he goes to pester Dad while he gets ready. Samual will either be dressed in a completely inappropriate outfit (winter clothes in the summer) or just fine. Samual will take Cooper out to go potty. By this time Josh is dressed and headed downstairs with Rian. Josh will make the coffee and get Rian’s shoes on. I’ll have to lay out Louis’ clothes and he will get dressed. Then there is the shoe-show-down, “Mom have you seen my other shoe”. Without fail at least one child will not be able to find a matching pair of shoes. So the game starts looking under couches and beds until a pair is found. Samual will bring Cooper back inside and grab his back pack and start watching for the bus. The school bus usually comes around 6:58ish. I’ll give Samual his hugs and kisses and grab my work stuff, Louis and Rian and I head out to the car. Josh stays with Samual to make sure that he gets on the bus. I drop Rian off at daycare and Louis off at Pre-school. This process can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 20 minutes. Once I get back into the car I find my iPhone, open the Audible app and listen to my current book until I get to Kansas City. When I realize, I forgot my coffee at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment