Wednesday, May 30, 2012

31 THINGS | DAY THIRTEEN

Chores

Cooper our five year old dog, Samual our 6yr old son, Louis our 5yr old son, Rian our 2yr old son, Josh and myself. On a normal day I sometimes feel out numbered. When it comes to cleaning and chores… let’s just say it’s like me against a whole football team.

The evenings are usually the best time to get any chores done. We constantly have a load of laundry going. The dish washer is runs every other day. The floor is always being swept. We are always finding things to pick up and put away. The best feeling is to wake up to a clean house.

For me everything has a place that it needs to be. When it’s not there I get very overwhelmed. Clutter causes anxiety attacks for me. I know that this is not something normal.

I know that I learned a lot of my cleaning habits from my Grandma and Gramps. The boys are at the age where they can learn to help do their part. Samual and Louis know how to fold and put away their clothes. Rian is learning how to put his toys away. Samual is learning how to do the dishes. I think the water is winning at this point though.

Even though we are picking up, doing laundry and the dishes throughout the week, there is always more to be done. This usually takes place on the weekends. Having all the chores done and caught up on Sunday, before the hustle of the week begins, is a must. It just makes the new week feel like it’s off to the right start.

Even though we have the cleaning under control a small part of me always wonders what it would be like to have someone come in to take care of all the clean-up. Josh and I work full time. To come home and to not have to worry about chores… I wonder what that would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment