Read
I struggled with learning how to read. I was one of those kids that had to go to a ‘special’ reading class. It was embarrassing, leaving class while everyone else was working on different projects. After a few years I didn’t have to go back. It was a small accomplishment, but that’s where I learned to love reading.
My Mom and Grandma read to me from an early age. They would take us to the library and let us pick out our own selection. Without fail the books that Mom picked out were always the best. One of the authors that she showed me was Laura Ingles-Wilder. Wilder started a long passion for the older days. Now I get to take my children to the library and watch their reading adventures begin.
It doesn’t really matter to me how I get my hands on a book.
- Josh and the boys got me a Nook for Christmas so a lot of my book purchases have been on there.
- Barnes and Noble has always been a second home. We may or may not have skipped school to see what new books were on the shelf.
- Our local library, Mid-Continent Library, is an amazing facility. It’s been so great to take the boys there and get them their own library cards. Their own cards!!!
- Audible is one of the other ways that I get my read on. They recently put together an app for the iPhone, so great to be able to download whatever book at any time.

No comments:
Post a Comment