Spirit
When I graduated high school I attended a non-denominational biblical college. It was one of the most refreshing years of my life. The college was located on the Oregon coast. I learned so very much in my studies. One of the things that I took with me to college was my graduation gift, a Bible. The Bible when I first got it had no markings in it. Now it’s showing some wear and tear and underlines of favorite passages. It’s not the fact that my Bible is all marked up that’s just something to look at on the outside. What makes me smile is that all those markings show a part of me. Or rather a part of what my life was like at one point or another. I might have underlined in my Bible because it was something that I needed to work on or it was something so very beautiful or it was something new or something old that I love to read about.
-My favorite passages is the parable of the Good Samaritan. In Luke 10:29-37, a Jewish traveler is beaten, robbed, and left half dead along the road. First a priest and then a Levite come by, but both avoid the man. Finally, a Samaritan comes by. Samaritans and Jews generally despised each other, but the Samaritan helps the injured man.
-My favorite verses is 1 Corinthians 13:13; There are three things that will endure- faith, hope and love- and the greatest of these is love.
Growing up our family was raised with the Christian word. My Grandparents didn’t attend church regularly but I’ve never meat two more sincere Christians. The best feeling was listening to my Grandma and Grandpa say the Lord’s Prayer.
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."

Thanks for directing me to your blog I was able to read all of your 31 days thus far and really enjoyed your stories and the glimpse they afford into your life.
ReplyDelete