Wednesday, May 30, 2012

31 THINGS | DAY FOURTEEN

View

Every morning I watch three little boys stubble out of their beds. Sometimes they wake up with smiles because they have a special day ahead of them. Other days you feel like begging them to go back to bed. I wish that our mornings didn’t begin so early, but they do, and our boys don’t complain about that. No, sometimes they do, very rarely.

The view that I take in, are our three brave little men growing up each day. They learn new things each and every day. They can bring out every emotion in a person in one day. They are learning who they are. They are growing into them.

I see Samual learning how to tie his shoes. The joy his face shows in the accomplishment. He is learning how to help others. Samual is moving up to first grade and putting his kindergarten learning to work. His reading, math and science skills are really developing.

I see Louis learning how school works, the fear in new things but over coming them. Louis is learning how to play different sports and trying not to be distracted by playing in the dirt.

I see Rian learning how to put sentences together. He is learning to be gentle with babies and his friends, understanding that not all people want to wrestle. He is learning to use manners at the table, how to bless a meal.

The view of taking in our growing boys baffles me every day. There is not a day that goes by that this view that I am so blessed with, doesn’t surprise me. It is ever changing, every season, every holiday, every birthday the view is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the boys, they grow up so fast and they are a real blessing!

    ReplyDelete