Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Two for Twosday


Two for Twosday: two thoughts/ updates/ photos/ something that I don't want to forget or am flat out oober excited about.

So this two for twosday has a theme to it :) Yay for themes! Supporting your local businesses. Josh and I both grew up in a family business. Josh's family had a hard wood flooring company. My family had a music company. Something that I learned from the family business is the dedication that is put into building that business. No matter how young you are that family business is somehow your baby too.

I really want to focus on supporting our local businesses. BUY LOCAL! Some of the businesses that I am going to tell you about are from my home town. Some of them will be from the town that we live in now. When I think of a local business to me that means... it's a local family or person that has invested time and energy into building up their dream. Not a chain, not a store that you can find in every state on every other street corner, even though yes, I love Starbucks and they did start in the NW.

So today I give you two local businesses that I can't get enough of.

1. Gray Day Creations
I went to college with Leanna. She is a very talented crafter. Check this out, she makes original crochet hats, booties, onesies, tutus, the list goes on and on. If you have an idea and wanted it hand made, you can email Leanna a picture and she will make it for you.


   
Also she has some of the CUTEST kiddos!


2. Studio on Main
Fabulous place to get your work-out on. Walking in you feel... well... peace. All the things you really want to feel when you are trying to make a better you. The facility is beautiful, makes you want to re-do your house. The people are truly there to teach you and help you along. I LOVE taking Zumba classes at SOM. Their prices are reasonable, they have GREAT class options and different times. So working Momma's can get their grove on too.

No comments:

Post a Comment