November's thirty days of what I am thankful for:
Day twenty-seven I am thankful for my little brothers. My little brother Wayne came out to Missouri to help with our house renovation. My youngest brother Alan is always asking when he came come help or what he can do to help. Coming from a split home with some shaky times and being one of the older sisters sometimes I felt like I had more of a responsibility to my younger siblings. Making sure they are taken care of or being there for whatever they need. The thing is my brothers are there for me too. Just a phone call away to complain about this and that. I can call Alan for a quick recipe idea. Now Wayne is just a couch away and I can throw a pillow at him. I am so thankful for my little brothers. I may not be taller than them any more... but I can still make fun of them and punch them in the shoulder, and they are kind enough to just make fun of me back.
I'm right with you, sweetie! My little brothers rock, and I feel so ridiculously lucky that they turned into the awesome, fun, funny, thoughtful, protective, understanding, reliable, brilliant men that they are. Here's to awesome not-so-little bros!
ReplyDelete