Tuesday, June 12, 2012

31 THINGS | DAY TWENTY-SIX

Covet

I covet a home.

I covet a home that we can all go back to. A home that when our boys move out to college they come home to do laundry at. When our boys grow up and start families of their own, I want them to be able to come home. I want to be able to show my grandchildren where their Daddy learned how to tie his shoes.

I covet being able to decorate our home. I want to paint our walls any color even if it is white. To be able to make that choice and know that it was how we wanted it. I want to make upgrades to our home.

I covet having a backyard. I want a backyard where the boys can run. A backyard that has a picnic table where we can have all our family over. A yard that we can put a swing set up in. I want to see the boys building their own little fort. I want to see a tire swing that they get sick on from spinning around on.

I covet being able to scream at the top of my lungs and have no neighbors hear me. I want to be able to roam around in the back yard and not be able to see anything but land.

I covet being able to plant our own flowers and garden. I want to know that they won’t be uprooted. I
want to be able to make a layout of where what plant should grow for years to come.

I covet the responsibilities that a home requires. The planning and searching for one. The upkeep. The work.

I covet a place to start our family’s memories.

I covet a home of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment