Saturday, June 2, 2012

31 THINGS | DAY SIXTEEN

Uniform

Let’s be real for a second. I hate my body. I always have. Clothes are my cover up. Summer and hotness makes it so uncomfortable for me cause… it’s hot, less cover up opportunity. Fall I LOVE, big sweaters, jeans, thanx.
After having three boys things aren’t the way they were. Not that it was great before pregnancy but it’s just different now. Growing up my family joked that I had birthing hips. I do. Apparently women these days don’t have hips! Joking about my hips is how I cop with it. Often when it comes up in conversation I say I wish I could put on my resume that I have birthing hips.
I live in jeans. I am most comfortable in jeans. They cover me. I’m 5’8” so finding jeans that are long enough in my size is like finding a needle in a hay stack. This makes me hate my body even more! Jeans should not be this difficult to find but they are.
I’ll be bold; I’m 27 and a size 6 in juniors, same size since 8th grade. I’m not skinny in the world’s eye. I’m… average maybe a touch fluffy (that’s my new favorite definition word).
I tend to hide myself in cardigans paired with a t-shirt with a tank top underneath. I love to layer things, hiding more me more beneath clothes.
I have a tendency to go for neutral colors… and the same style of clothes. Often my friends see me picking out the exact same clothes out at the store in a different neutral color. This probably explains why I tend to say I can’t find anything to wear, if I have the same shirt in black, gray and green.
I have an abundance of Cardinals shirts in my wardrobe. I’m not sad about that though. There are a lot of games that I have to wear my gear for. Go RED BIRDS!!! It also adds a fourth color to my clothes, red!
I try to keep my wardrobe in-style. Let’s face it though, this girl has hips and skinny jeans look ridiculous on me. The more “mature” I get the more I try to expand on my adult, work attire. For now I keep what keeps me comfy and confident. A combination that is often daunting to pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment