Thursday, June 14, 2012

31 THINGS | DAY TWENTY-NINE

Smell

SMELLS:
Coconut lemongrass (Scentsy), fresh brewed coffee, clean baby, Gain Apple Mango Tango (laundry detergent), ocean breeze, sheets that were dried in the sun, pro racing gasoline, camp fires, Armani cologne for men, sweet honeysuckle and orange peel (body wash), Cider, lumber, and the shampoo/hair products that my hair dresser uses.


MEMORIES:
 I remember how much as a little kid my Mom would read to me and she always smelled of coffee. It was wonderful. She would sip on her coffee and read Laura Ingles Wilder.

I remember my Grandma always smelling of honeysuckle. She had the most amazing garden all the time growing. In the front of her house were beautiful vines of honeysuckle, Gramps thought it looked terrible.

Whenever I smell fresh lavender I of Teri, an amazing mentor I had as a teenager. She took us to a lavender garden. That smell always makes me think of the goofy things that she did with us and for us. It also makes me think of a perfume that she got me for my birthday, Spring by Origins. MMmmMM I love that smell and can’t find it anywhere.

NOW DAYS:
I love to wear Velocity, by Mary Kay and Heat by BeyoncĂ©. When I go to pick up the boys the staff always tell me they love being able to smell my perfume on the boys. That makes me smile, because it’s from my hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment