Write
I text.
I write statues updates.
I tweet.
I write blog entries.
I write emails.
I journal.
I don’t get to write as passionately as I would like too.
I’ve always loved to write. I write in journals. I write stories. I write papers. I LOVED having papers to write in school. In college is when I really started to journal though. It’s given me peace to be able to write down the good, the bad, the things you want to forget and the things you don’t want to forget.
My family has my Grandma’s journal that she kept since the late 1920s. It is pure magic to be able to see the world at that time through her eyes. To read her writing in the midst of such a part of our history is amazing. I don’t know that Grandma thought then that it would be such a gift to her grandchildren but it has been.
Writing to me is the ability to free your soul on paper. No judgment. Just pureness. It’s the ability to take off the load that you carry and leave it on paper. I get so much joy when I write. When I read it and can hear my voice in a piece that is magic to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment