Drink
Drink, please!
I can’t tell you how exciting I get to go out for a drink with friends. When I say go out for a drink that means coffee with my hubby, happy hour with my girls, or ICEEs with our boys. It’s a simple way of getting together and chatting over a drink that brings a smile to my face.
*Tea- I was a stereotypical little girl when it came to tea parties. I had a little doll tea set that I LOVED putting tea in. On special occasions Mom would let me have a mug of tea, with a splash of milk and a spoon of sugar. Now I get to host the tea party for three little boys. They are still young enough to want to do that kind of thing. I don’t know how much longer it’s going to last though.
*Coffee- My go to drink. I love coffee. I’m from the NW who out there doesn’t like coffee. It wouldn’t matter what time of day it is Mom would always have a pot brewed or be in the process of making a fresh pot. There have been countless family gatherings where we would all be sitting around chatting with a cup of coffee. Gramps always used his ‘thimble’ cup. My husband and I love to chat over a cup of coffee, at Starbucks or at home. We recently got to go cupping in Tennessee. Cupping, think wine tasting only coffee beans. It was a great experience. It was one of the things on my bucket list.
*Beer - Again from the NW, I grew up with a large amount of Micro-breweries around. I’m learning to know what I do and don’t like. I know I do not like IPAs, strong hoppy taste or VERY dark beer. Red beer is something that I am really into right now. We have a local restaurant that my co-workers and I go to often. They have over 100 beers on tap. It’s amazing!
*Wine- I have come to really enjoy a good glass of wine at the end of the day. I like sweet wines, Moscato d'Asti is my favorite. Something that I want to add to my bucket list is go wine tasting.
Learning my likes and dislikes with different drinks, really does make me feel like I am growing up. To know that I can answer with a no or yes, makes me feel… empowered. I know it’s silly, it’s only a drink. It’s sometimes the simple things.
No comments:
Post a Comment