Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Show and Share: Knots

Three boys plus one craft loving Momma... let's see what we get into!

It's summer time and I love being outside! For some crazy reason we hear the boys tell us how bored they are or that there isn't anything to do. Seriously! So, I'm working on crafts that can be done outdoors. We, I say we cause this Momma has little experience with it, are learning how to tie knots. That's right they are taking their string outside and tying up a storm... hopefully not each other. There is definitely an art to tying these knots. I can't wait to get into Celtic and Nautical knots, absolutely beautiful!

I have a few places that have been great resources for knot tying info:

Survival Outdoor Skills

Animated Knots by Grog

Art by: Katherine Codega

Seriously thought there is some beautiful artwork with knots. I can't wait to get the boys further along! There is also tons of ideas on knot tying on Pinterest!

Stay calm and knot on!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I have two boys that need some non-screen activities this summer. I think we will be learning knots :)

    ReplyDelete