Of Bees and Mist
By:Eric Setiawan
THREE out of FIVE stars
my thoughts:
HOLY, mean mother-in-law. You think you have issues?!
Okay, good read. Now this before you read. It's going to take you to another place. Not another world, not vampire, werewolf battle. Just... not here. I can't tell you how nice it was to ecsape in this book. Yeah, I think that's a great way of describing this one. It's an escape book, take a moment to wash away what you think and step into this book.
Meridia, has to be the most amazing person EVER.Talk about back bone, grace and ... don't give a trash what others think.
I also have to clarify my rank on this book. I go back and forth on giving it three or four. I liked it, I did. It was a good read to escape from the here and now to read this book. Here's the thing. When I started to read this book... I wasn't buying the whole bees and mist and woooo thing. The more I read, the more it was... accepted the more I was just like yeah that's just how it is.
the run down:
Of Bees and Mist
is an engrossing fable that chronicles three generations of women under
one family tree and places them in a mythical town where spirits and
spells, witchcraft and demons, and prophets and clairvoyance are an
everyday reality.
Meridia grows up in a lonely home until she
falls in love with Daniel at age sixteen. Soon, they marry, and Meridia
can finally escape to live with her charming husband’s family—unaware
that they harbor dark mysteries of their own. As Meridia struggles to
embrace her life as a young bride, she discovers long-kept secrets about
her own past as well as shocking truths about her new family that push
her love, courage, and sanity to the brink.
Erick Setiawan’s
astonishing debut is a richly atmospheric and tumultuous ride of hope
and heartbreak that is altogether touching, truthful, and memorable.

No comments:
Post a Comment