I'm joining in on Lisa-Jo Baker's Five Minute Friday. The rules are pretty simple. One word. Five minutes of writing. No editing.
Imagine
I put on a light jacket, roll up my jeans and put no shoes on. It's early in the morning so all you hear is nature, moose grazing in the field, seagulls flying in and out. I am so grateful for this moment. The air is misty with salt in it. My coffee so warm, it warms my soul. The closer I get a tear forms in my eye. It's beautiful. I can feel the sand that has been tracked onto the beach beaten path. Then that moment comes when I first set eyes on the ocean. All my senses going out of control because they are on overload. The smell of fresh air. The taste of the wind whipping salt and sand into my mouth. The beauty of the ocean. The sound of the waves lapping up on the shore. The feeling of sand in between my toes. I'm home, free, and clean that's what this place does to me. It cleanses my soul.
Oh that sounds just heavenly! Beautiful description. (visiting from Lisa-Jo)
ReplyDeleteI want to be in that place. Sounds very peaceful. Thank you for visiting!
ReplyDeleteI so resonate with that cleansing and emotional release of the ocean. Thank you for this moment of respite in my day, WesAnna. Bless you!
ReplyDelete