{Err... It's Wednesday. Somehow yesterday I thought it was Wednesday so I did a Show and Share post instead of a two for Twosday. Whooops! Luckily you all already know I'm not perfect!}
Today is September 11, 2013. Today 12 years ago four coordinated terrorist attacks were carried out on America. Take a moment today and send a prayer, a good thought, whatever it is you do, send it up to families that were affected by this act. Not just then but families that are still being affected by it. There are families that are countries apart serving for us. There are families that are missing a loved one today. Take a moment at some point and reflect on it all and send out some love.
For those of you that sent your kiddos off to school today there may or may not be some questions about what they learned about. I found a couple really good sites that I wanted to pass your way.
1. 9/11 Memorial, This site is filled with great info. The spot that I found interesting was the Teach + Learn, FAQ about 9/11. There are some great ways to answer questions. Granted depending on what age they are you might want to adjust some of the info.
2. SheKnows Parenting, This post has a great way of breaking it down for you if you are super nervous about this topic with your kids.
3. Nick, This is a 22-ish minute video that gives the facts of what happened on 9/11. I'd recommend watching it before showing it to your kiddos, just so you'll be a little more comfortable with it.
4. Class Brain, This site is chalk full of info for younger kids, including a letter from Laura Bush.
5. Brain Pop, I dig this site because it gives a video on what happend on 9/11 but is also has follow up videos on branch off topics that will come up.
For us I think the biggest thing is being ready to share our story. Where we were, what we saw, what we heared, etc.
To all the families out there that are affected by 9/11 we send our love not just today but everyday.
-The Launius Family
No comments:
Post a Comment