Friday, September 13, 2013

Mercy

I'm joining in on Lisa-Jo baker's 'Five Minute Friday'.
The rules are pretty simple. One word. Five minutes of writing. No editing.



You remember that game that you played in school? You know where someone would inflect some type of pain that you had to try and endure until you shouted out mercy.

Now that I think about it isn't that really what mercy is though, to endure through what is laid before you on your journey until you ask for mercy. When it does come its that breath of sweet release. Knowing that you have endured and now someone greater is there to give you mercy and share the burden.

I can think of so many times that I cried and pleaded for mercy. Not getting it and not understanding why. Thinking that I wasn't strong enough for what was laid before me, until I came through it all. Then realizing that I was stronger than I thought. It's not that mercy wasn't given to me but it was given to lighten what I carried.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember that game!
    And yes one often can't experience mercy without some discomfort or pain first. I think it's because it is the only way for us to acknowledge we are not in control.
    Great food for thought.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete