Art touches my soul like nothing else.
I think this is God's special gift to me.
We all get one, this is just mine.
Not that I am good at art, just that I have a special spot for playing with it and viewing it.
I have taken art classes my whole life. I still totally suck at making art but diving in and getting my hands all painted, or playing a riff on the trumpet... a piece of art work makes me smile.
The art class that I am thinking so clearly of today is calligraphy.
I took it in high school with Ms. Edgington. She has to this day been one of the pickiest teachers EVER. I am so thankful for that though. She taught the basics, refining and honing our skills. Then it was project after project. There's no eraser. We were taught how to make our own ink. Hours of inspecting and picking out just the right tip for our piece. Once a mistake was done you had the option of either being graded down or start over. Our biggest project was a poster with a quote. I don't remember the specifics.
I remember the final outcome though. I wish I still had that poster. It represented so much hard work.
I do know that I finally picked This Day by Audio Adrenaline.
I know that these words were written over and over and over...
It's six A.M
I'm so tired
The alarm sounds
And the new day begins
Before I go
And disturb this peaceful moment
I look to You
I want to say a prayer
Before my feet can hit the ground
Lord I give this day to You
This moment of art meshing together... it makes me smile.
These words.
The music.
The paper matted just so.
The calligraphy formed.
I am thankful for this gift of enjoying art.
No comments:
Post a Comment