Friday, January 24, 2014

Visit

I'm joining in on Lisa-Jo baker's 'Five Minute Friday'.
The rules are pretty simple. One word. Five minutes of writing. No editing.

Visit


It started out a dreaded thing. This trip that meant so much to my husband. The boys so excited for it. I... I wasn't. There had been a bad past and to go visit... that would mean that I was over what had happened... right? I was "over" what had happened though, wasn't I? I mean I said I was, but yet there was this pain in my heart. No, it wasn't easy to explain. We are supposed to forgive and forget and I had done that right?

This visit. There was so much riding on this visit.

I don't think anyone really knew how much... courage, no... strength, no... just how much it took to make that visit. Being in the middle, one side saying it was fine and the other being hurt.

In truth after all was said and done it was good. No, there wasn't fireworks and a scheduled next visit. No, there wasn't tears of an awful visit. It was a start. It was a beginning. It was a step.


4 comments:

  1. Sometimes a small step, is the beginning of a transforming journey. Pray that it is a healing and blessed one for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small step is often the biggest leap!! Thank you fro writing hard words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Five Minute Friday - the first visit back is the hardest & I'm glad yours was better than mine :)
    It's always empowering to know that the world is a bigger place than our own experiences. Thank you for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (sorry it looks like I'm logged in for school (marynbelling.blogspot.com) - I write my FMF on my homeblog (marynbelling.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete