We are going to turn this ...
Into this...
Wow what a week right! Here is a fun craft-a-roo game that you can make for any season! Real quick, a BIG BIG thank you to my brother Wayne. He helped me with
picking out what type of wood I wanted and the sanding! I learned a ton
from him on this project! Thank you little brother!!!
What your gonna need:
Wood- 2x6x12
***I made two sets of bowling pins. One set has six pins. If you want to make only one set then you will need a 2x6x6
Hand sander
Sandpaper- 60 grit
Spray paint- can of white, purple, orange, teal and green
Sharpie paint pens- they come in a pack of four with black, white, gold and silver
Fun Ball
Here's how we do it:
1. When I bought my wood from Home Depot they kindly cut it up for me. Love that place. The 2x6x12, was cut down to 12 pieces of 2x6x1. On the last piece you are going to be short by one inch. It wasn't a big deal to me if it is to you... math that out :)
2. Take your pieces of wood home and sand away! Make sure to get the corners and edges.
3. Make sure to wipe the sanded pieces of wood down. A dry towel does the trick.
4. Spray paint!!! You are painting here, make sure you're in a ventilated area. Where you spray the paint will go. Lay some cardboard down so the paint doesn't go everywhere.
***When I painted I did the back side and all the sides. That way when you flip them over AFTER they have dried you just have the one front side left to do.
5. DRY! Give the wood time to dry!!!
6. Get your Sharpie paint pens and decorate!
***So the Sharpie markers, they take some getting used to. Shake and push them down to get the paint flowing. It does take a while and I never got a good consistent flow going. Lots of stop and go.
Stack them up and roll the ball! You are ready for a fun Halloween bowling game! This was a fun game that I took up to the boys school for their fall party too.
When you aren't bowling these are awesome Halloween decorations! It doesn't need to be just Halloween, we could decorate the pins for any holiday! Think snowmen and reindeer...
No comments:
Post a Comment