The rules are pretty simple. One word. Five minutes of writing. No editing.
| Louis age 6 |
I've never considered myself a writer. I've considered myself more of a, how shall we put it? I have tons of thousands of thoughts and words floating around in my head and if I don't get them put down in readable format they are going to spill over. That's more what I would call myself, a spill over controller.
I hated writing for a long long time because that would mean that I would have to know how to spell all the words that I want to use. Spelling is not my cup of tea. I got into the habit of writing what I could and then tweaking it if I couldn't figure out how to spell one of the words. Thank you auto correct. It's given more confidence and awkward situations than one can imagine.
These letters that we use, that form words, that form sentences, that form paragraphs, that form chapters, that form stories.
Have you ever noticed how horrible the English language really is? Teaching children how to read and write will show you quickly. The quite letters, the words with double, triple meanings, or the words that are spelled different but sound the same. Oy-vay!
I'm thankful for all the writing that has been done. The ability to read what others can so beautiful put together. The pure beauty behind the art of writing holding you captivated between book covers.
Writing. Your letters, that form words, that form sentences, that form paragraphs, that form chapters, that form stories... you hold so many of our memories. You hold made up stories from a six year old. You hold dreams of what children want to become. You hold the pleas of a mother in her prayer journal for the present and the future. You hold the whispers of what is dared not said allowed. You catch the spilling over.
| Samual age 7 |
I love that, WesAnna, words catching the spilling over! This is just how I feel. And I love your refrain: "Your letters, that form words, that form sentences, that form paragraphs, that form chapters, that form stories." It conjures up so much of the richness in what it is to communicate, to be writers and to have an overflow to offer. Thank you! Happy to see you again through FMF.
ReplyDelete