Friday, October 18, 2013

Laundry

I'm joining in on Lisa-Jo baker's 'Five Minute Friday'.
The rules are pretty simple. One word. Five minutes of writing. No editing.


It's that one thing that is a constant. There is always laundry going. With three boys, one hubby, a brother and myself in one house there is ALWAYS laundry going. There's that magical feeling when you do the "last load". You feel like you've really accomplished something. Then here comes your brave little six year old after cleaning his room and dumping another load and a half of clothes to be done. He sort of runs after he leaves it there just for that fact that he knows the "last load" was done. How does he know... cause I was probably doing a "last load" dance and singing... probably.

It's a constant battle. Folding the laundry in our house is the chore that no one wants to get. I can raise my hand and say that it's usually my chore. Not that I mind... I do sometimes... but man it is a chore. I'll be honest though. Sometimes when I let the stewing of me folding the laundry again pass me by... there is a peace to it as well. Side note to my wonderful husband... if you are reading this, do not take that as your pass to think I get peace always from this chore. The peace that I get I use it to be thankful for the little or big body that fits into the shirt, the pants, the PJs that I'm folding. I pray for that person. It's something that I should do more of but don't because I am so caught up in the annoyance of folding... again. 

I guess what I am getting at is... even in our most constant chore prayers can be folded in.


3 comments:

  1. "even in our most constant chore prayers can be folded in." I love that thought. I have three boys, too. I so get it! It's tiresome and wearying and even when the last load is done it only lasts so long until there is more to be done! But thankfully we can choose our attitude about it. thanks for the sweet reminder. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your closing thought as well. Thanks for stopping by my FMF post because it brought me to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if I folded in prayers with each article of clothing I folded this house would be well prayed over. Great closing thought. Thanks for stopping by my FMF laundry post.

    ReplyDelete