Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Show and Share

Three boys plus one craft loving Momma... let's see what we get into!

***So last week I mentioned that we do journals at home with the boys. Got to get those creative writing juices flowing! I found some really fun Halloween prompts at the Multi Taskin' Mom. Head over there and grab the free printable. They are adorable printouts.

Halloween is just around the corner and it happens to one of my favorite holidays. Okay let me rephrase that because I know my husband is shaking his head and thinking, "All the holidays are your favorite Anna." True, holidays are amazing with children. Their excitement pretty much has me wrapped around their pinky to do anything for that holiday to make it as spectacular as possible. Tradition also has me wrapped around it's pinky. Holidays were and have always been big with my family. I want to pass that to my boys in hopes that when they are raising their kiddos that they share in the magic that holidays and children bring. I know I'm on a soap box but while I'm here... Children only have that magical holiday spirit for so long. Then they grow and get bigger and holidays just become holidays. Enjoy it to the fullest. Make your kids really have to guess what one is your favorite because you are that excited to celebrate with them. That's the key, with them. Okay, okay, I'm stepping off now.

Any who, Halloween is approaching and it is one of my favorites! Who doesn't like to dress up. Come on!
As of right now we will have a Minion (from Despicable Me), Luke Skywalker and Indian Jones. I really really wanted to do a family theme this year because who knows how many years we have that the boys will willingly dress up. When did you stop dressing up and trick or treating?

Last year we went on a lets make our own costumes... we really enjoyed it. SO hopefully this year will be a little similar.

I've been cooking up some ideas for the costumes. But here is one tip, DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. Making your own costume does take some time.

This is how I start making a costume. I make a list of what the basics are of that costume.

Minion ideas: yellow hoodie, blue overalls, goggles
Luke Skywalker: LIGHTSABER
Indiana Jones: fedora, satchel 

It sort of just goes from there. ALSO your local thrift-shop is a gold mine for this stuff, if you plan on going there this time of year though you really really need to get in there.

Keep on Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment