My mornings. Did you hear the sigh/panic in that?
Here's the deal. My husband goes into work anywhere from 1-6 in the morning depending on what route he has. That means it's just me and the boys in the morning. Unless Daddy-O has a weekday off. When that happens the "routine" that the boys and I have gets blown to bits.
When it's just Mom....
-Everyone's up and going.
-Surprise someone didn't do their homework, mad rush to get it done.
-Someone is hungry, grab fruit.
-Make sure that EVERYONE is up and in fact getting dressed.
-Search for shoes.
-Search for backpacks.
-Get everyone to the car.
-Go unlock the door because someone forgot their backpack and it's library today.
-Hit the road!
When Dad's home though... somehow our "routine" is gone. Perfect example is this past week for summer school. Dad was home on a weekday, so I made sure that Dad was going to be able to take the kiddos in and thus freeing me of morning duty! It's the small things right?! I got the kiddos up and told them Dad was taking them, started the getting ready process. Then I grabbed my coffee and went to my office. Thinking, now Dad's got it from here, go team Launius!.
This is the setting that I get to see ten minutes later as the getting ready is still happening.
Sam is pulling work out of his backpack that he wants to show.
Louis realizes he didn't finish all of his homework.
Rian is singing, "It's swim day" to the tune of "I'm ready" from Spongebob.
Dad is figuring out how to play music from his phone over the bluetooth speaker that he just installed.
No one has brushed their teeth.
Here is where I wanted to say I sipped my coffee and smiled, yes, this is the life. Truth. I did not.
I WENT MOMMA APE SHIT!
Mom:
Sam, come show me your hard work that you did.
Louis, a, d, c.
Rian, go sing to your dad and tell him to get his shoes on.
Sam- This is my science experiment!
Louis- It's math homework though...
Rian- It's swim day! It's swim day! Dad, Mom says to get your shoes on!
Dad- Listen to this!
Again I would like to say I inhaled and smiled and tried again... I did not.
I yelled at my husband to turn that... lovely (I definitely used a naughty word) off, NOW!
Told Louis 12, 0, 8
Brought Sam into the kitchen where he could tell me about the picture that he drew for his science experiment.
And dear Rian just kept singing, It's swim day, it's swim day!
All said and done, I don't think everyone brushed their teeth. The boys were late for school.
And honestly, my husband and I have this day to look back at and laugh about. Although it was probably a good thing that it took him a little while to drop all the kids off.
I hope your morning ran a little soother than ours did. OR if it didn't i hope you have an awesome story to laugh at... in a few hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment