Lists, I LOVE lists. I like to write things down on a list so I can see
the check mark or line through it. Each week for this year I've been
writing a list out on a prompt. I'm hoping over to Paige's site, Moments for the journey, where she has some spectacular prompts for our 52 week lists.
List your childhood memories
*I don't recall the memory but it's a photo. Who knows where it's at now. It was a Polaroid photo. The edges yellowing a bit. I apparently had wanted to go fishing. There in the photo I am all of three years old, in a 100 gallon fish tank, surrounded by gold fish and watching very carefully with a green fish net.
*My fifth birthday for my present I got a Precious Moments Bible and a baby brother. Yep, my brother and I are Irish twins.
*Holidays. Not a specific one, but how special my family treated all the holidays.
*Our apple tree in our backyard. It produced so many apples we have apple everything and still didn't use all of them.
*My sitting tree. The farm that we moved to when I was a little older had this beautiful tree that I loved to sneak out to and just sit. I would read, draw, think, cry, hide, live by that tree as often as possible.
*Camping trips. Our family didn't take fancy trips during the year. But as soon as the weather would allow us to go camping we would.
*S'mores. Always memories with s'mores.
*Beach. Trips to the beach. There have been day trips, weekend trips, week trips... it doesn't matter how long or short... that's where my soul feels free.
*Mountains. Snowboarding and tubing and mountain slides. Always a new adventure.
*Lake trips. We would go canoeing and later add a paddle boat.
*Fishing. Trout, salmon, sturgeon, crabbing and clamming. They were all little seafood that we would go for.
*Star gazing. Mom always wanted to go for a ride in the summertime to look at the stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment