Friday, August 2, 2013

Story

I'm joining in on Lisa-Jo Baker's Five Minute Friday. The rules are pretty simple. One word. Five minutes of writing. No editing.




Story 

What's your story? Have you ever been asked that by a friend? It makes my heart smile because, it means the person actually wants to know about you. It's not a, how are you question that can be answered so quickly with a, I'm fine and you? 

Everyone has one. That first story that comes to mind. The one that you aren't always ready to share with just anyone. Maybe because it's a rough, rocky and dark story. Maybe because it's a beautiful story. Maybe because it's your story and not ready to share it. The fact is we all have one. Don't be ashamed or burdened with it. You were given that story for so many reasons. God gave it to you because he knows how strong you are. You went through it so that you could walk with another through it. There are soooo many reasons for each story that we have. Take joy in your story, each part of it, the sorrow and the joyful.

When I was 18 I got a tattoo on my ankle. It reads "Brave on the Rocks" with a lady bug beside it. I always get asked what it means. It's part of my story. One, it's one of my favorite books by Sabrina Ward Harrison. Mostly though it's to remind me that when life is rocky you have to be brave on the rocks. I know you're thinking what 18 year old needs that reminder. I did many many many times. 



2 comments:

  1. A good encouragement to me to be open about telling my story! Or parts of it anyways. I am loving these Five Minute Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I linked up with FMF. Its my first time and reading so many inspiring posts. If I were to get a tattoo, it would be something like that as well. I definitely like the saying.

    ReplyDelete