Friday, August 9, 2013

Lonely

I'm joining in on Lisa-Jo Baker's Five Minute Friday. The rules are pretty simple. One word. Five minutes of writing. No editing.





Lonely
 
I get lonely but I am never alone. Sometimes for me this is a battle to remember. I focus on wanting to be with family and friends that are on the other side of the country. I focus on that so much that I put blinders up to what is around me. I start to envy daughters just hanging out with their mommas. I get all bummed out that my best-est friends are hanging out at our fav local. Yes, my family and friends live far away. I hope they all know to how very much they are prayed for, loved, thought of and missed. In that moment of prayer though, I realize how much I am never alone. My family, my husband's family is near, my friends here that have become family. Most of all, my Lord never leaves me or you or my family, my friends here or there.

I get lonely but I am never alone. This is also just... laughably true to me because I'm a wife and a momma. I can't even go to the bathroom by myself. I'll remember way back when prior marriage, prior children going to the public restroom. I somehow always get that one stall that the door never really latches shut. Naturally I would get a visitor. Then I would rush to cover up and be mildly shocked and embarrassed. Now, I just assume it's one of my children needing to tell my a story that absolutely cannot wait. The mild shock and embarrassment flushed away. Now the visitor is baffled cause I'm not shutting the door, just looking at them to entertain me with a story.

I get lonely but I am never alone. I've been blessed to not be alone. I have a superhero husband. We have three superhero boys in training and two snugly dogs. I'm so blessed that I don't even have to go the bathroom by myself. This are just little reminders of how close my Lord wants to be with me, hhopefully not in the bathroom. Honest though, I still get lonely. That is a necessary feeling to have, to realize how very not alone I am.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious about your looking at the intruder in the bathroom, ready for a story! Love it!
    Tina from mommynificent.com (linked up after you at FMF)

    ReplyDelete