Win The Day!
Well duck fans we are just days away from kick off.
Oregon will be taking on Nicholls State University August 31 @ 3pm (CT).
Before all the hoopla I thought I'd give you a little family Oregon vs Oregon State humor.
In Oregon there are two big college football teams to really cheer for, Oregon and Oregon Sate. Their teams play each other in what is called the Civil War. It's a big deal. Depending on where you live in Oregon typically says who you will cheer for. UNLESS... you live in what is known as the valley. This high spirited area has a mashed up mix of both Duck and Beaver fans. Nothing could be worse to find out in high school that the dude you had a crush on actually cheered for Oregon State, sad day. That is until you have a house of split ties. That's right, growing up our house was half Oregon, half State fans. How does that happen you ask. The heck if I know, but it did.
Every morning our Mom would have 1190 KEX on the radio. I just dated myself didn't I? Mom's choice radio station man was Bob Miller in the morning. For some reason Mom decided that if she HAD to pick a team she was going to go with Bob Miller and his fancy song, "I'd Rather be a Beaver than a Duck".
I'd Rather be a Beaver than a Duck
by Bob Miller of 1190 KEX Radio
Oh, I'd rather be a Beaver than a Duck
I would rather be run over by a truck
I would rather live on Spam
I would rather kiss Roseanne
I would rather be a Beaver than a Duck
I would rather live in Portland than Eugene
I would rather spend a week in a latrine
I don't own a waterbed
I don't like the Grateful Dead
I would rather live in Portland than Eugene
For a Beaver is a critter that builds new habitats
and a Duck just gets his butt shot off by guys in day-glow hats
Oh, my favorite OSU fan is my wife
And I really do enjoy my married life
So a Beaver fan I are
So I don't sleep out in the car
Oh, I'd rather be a Beaver than a Duck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a catchy tune I will give Mr. Miller that. Have no fear after all the kids in the family decided to be Ducks Mom did convert... at least she says she did... to being a Duck fan.
That said if you are still on the fence as to Oregon or Oregon State and you are going to base your decision off of a song take these Duck songs into consideration...
Green and Yellw
I Love My Ducks
I Love My Ducks (Return of the Quack)
Call Me a Duck
Teach Me How to Duckie
No comments:
Post a Comment