Thursday, October 25, 2012

Alphabet Ride


Sometimes kiddos have a rough time with paying attention to things that aren't that... exciting. Shocker, right?! Enter school time... a lot of learning sometimes... not that exciting. NOT that the teachers aren't trying, please don't misunderstand me on that. Josh and I believe that the learning shouldn't just take place at school though. The more we work with our boys at home just helps them that much more at school.

To make things a little more attention grabbing for our boys we turned to cars.

We made a car that needs to get around with some letter wheels. OH YEAH YOU'RE EXCITED ARE'NT YOU?!?! Please calm down for just a second and you can have one of these too!




What you will need:
Construction paper
Glue
Sharpie
2" circle punch
(If you don't have one, no biggie, just fold the paper in half and cut a half circle. Next time you are looking at expanding your craft supplies though, I HIGHLY suggest a circle punch. I got mine at Michaels, I think it was around $12.)


I started out with making the car. That's the hardest part of the whole thing, promise
I used one whole sheet of white 12x12 construction paper for the back.
The rest is just paper-piecing the scene together. Your going to want to glue down your paper scene. Add more detail or less completely up to you.
*I cheated on the wheel spots. I used the 2" circle punch to get the right size.
*This is the only spot you want to use the glue. The letters will need to be removable.

 
 
Next, punch 52 circles out! Again you don't have to use a circle punch you could fold the construction paper and cut a half a circle and ta-dah, perfect whole circle. Each circle will have one letter on it. So grab the sharpie and do 26 upper and 26 lowercase. 
 
*Make sure to keep the upper and lowercase separated for now. You could make that a part of the game too though. Mix up the letters and have the kiddos put the uppercase in one pile and lowercase in another. 
 

 
 

Your done creating. Wasn't that bad was it?
 
So here is the game...
Place the car page down with the uppercase on one side of the page and the lowercase on the opposite.
 
Call two uppercase letters out:
 

Call two lowercase letters out:
 
Call one uppercase and the matching lowercase:
 
 
Mix it up, match it up, call it out... most of all, HAVE FUN!
 
 
 

 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment