Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Two for Twosday
Two for Twosday: two thoughts/ updates/ photos/ something that I don't want to forget or am flat out oober excited about.
1. I found myself in a... quiet moment. Rare these days. The thing I wanted to make sure I remember, not just for the holidays but for everyday. SLOW DOWN. Life has us going five different directions. I needed to slow down and enjoy today. Something I forget often. When I did slow down, I got so much more accomplished than trying to rush everything into the 30 minutes that I wanted to give it.
2. Nina (that's what our boys call my Mom) sent a Christmas package!!! The package had an advent calendar project, stay tuned tomorrow, and "The Polar Express". The boys and I watched "The Polar Express" last night. We absolutely had to have hot cocoa too. It felt so good to hang out with my little guys.
After we watched the movie I gave my Momma a call to let her know the boys reactions. It really is hard to be far away from family during the holidays. My Momma being the wonderful person that she is brought up little traditions that we did as a family when I was growing up, pickle in the tree, herring fish, Christmas eve's present opening are just a few. A lot of them have been passed down for many generations. We started the elf on the shelf with the boys last year. That little guy sure can hide!
What are your traditions that you can't wait to do this season?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment