Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
By: John Berendt
Mr. Berendt Introduced many characters through Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. All the characters living very "southern charmed" lives. What is a south in lifestyle? Not at all what I thought it was going to be. There was drama and jail and getting high. Yeah. Drugs in the good ol' South! Hellooooo... I thought they were too high and mighty for that. Apparently no.
The thing that surprised me the most about this book was all the stereotypes that I had given Georgia. It really got me thinking about all the stereotypes that I had given to so many places. My first year of college I can't tell you how many people had told me they thought that all Oregon people wore was flannel. What? They thought all Oregonians were lumberjacks????
That's okay. When I moved to Missouri. I thought all the folks out here were going to be farmers and country listening cousins. I don't know! It's just what I thought.
Wait we have totally gone off track here.
I wasn't all too crazy about the book at first. The thing that I really enjoyed about this book was the fact that it made me think after I had put the book down.
For that I give it THREE stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment