Thursday, February 6, 2014

Shenanigans {Snow}




We currently have about eleven inches of snow on the ground. Yeah. Snow is making an appearance in our neck of the woods.

As we were driving around we came up with our snow grr list. You know like every time it snows I don't like this...

- How some states frown on how this state shuts down or does not shut down. Here's the thing that Grrrs me... some states naturally get snow often and a lot so they have road equipment to take care of it. When a state gets snow that doesn't get dumped on all the time it takes a while to get everything cleared out. I know this is a simple fact here but for some reason every winter this one never gets thought of until much later.

- First day of snow. Yeah, so winter has been kind and we haven't had to drive around in snow all year and we are getting our snow driving shoes back on. Fine. HOWEVER Grr.  If you know you are going to drive slow and that's fine... DRIVE IN THE SLOW LANE. If you're passing or their is obvious snow obstruction of some sort makes since to get in the other lane. Otherwise scoootch overrr!

- Salt. Coming from a place that didn't get snowed on heavily we didn't have to buy salt to salt places that are more slippery and you want to not be slippery. Salt is an amazing invention and I love using. Except GRRR... when people don't use it. It's there folks sprinkle a little something on the ice already!

- Grr... the snow that falls in between your boot and your pants.

- Grr... the snow that falls in between the back part of your neck and your shirt. Really Double Grr to any snow falling in between the layers of clothing and warm body.

- Again coming from a state that didn't regularly get snow Grr on the ice scrapers that don't have the fancy glove thing attached to it! I used to laugh at that... until I had to start scrapping the car out of ice and snow.

- Grr... on snow in the face.


Don't get me wrong I would gladly take winter days over summer days... I think. I like the bundling up and hot cocoa. Snow gives us some amazing family time.

We had a snow day or two together so our family hunkered down, built a fire in the fireplace and got the air mattress out and watched movies. It's simple pleasures like that that make the Grrs melt away... hopefully melts all that snow away too.

Stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment