Saturday, July 13, 2013

Happy, Happy, Happy

Happy, Happy, Happy
By: Phil Robertson
FIVE out of FIVE stars




my thoughts:
A family that comes together at the end of the day to thank the Lord for the meal that they have been blessed with. You don't really see that these days, especially not on TV. When I heard that Phil had written a book I bought it the day it was released. It is a beautiful testimony of Phil's life. Not just his, it gives you an idea of what Ms Kay and their boys went through as well. The more I read the more I wanted so badly for this family to be blessed. They weren't handed this business. They worked, they struggled. They did it together. The Robertson family testimony is truly beautiful. They are most definitely in our prayers.

I had a conversation about 'Duck Dynasty' the show a while back. My view, great family, yes some of the shows seem a little staged, but hilarious. The person that I was talking to had a very different view. They weren't fond of the way they presented Christian hunters as hicks. I hadn't even thought of that. Honestly, if they acted any other way than who they are though... it would be... horrible. They are who they are and that's that. They have a love for the Lord. They hunt. Take 'em or leave 'em.

At any rate, there is great testimony in Phil's book. He keeps it real.

the run down: 
This no-holds-barred autobiography chronicles the remarkable life of Phil Robertson, the original Duck Commander and Duck Dynasty star, from early childhood through the founding of a family business.Life was always getting in the way of Phil Robertson’s passion for duck hunting.

An NFL-bound quarterback, Phil made his mark on Louisiana Tech University in the 1960s by playing football and completing his college career with a master’s degree in English. But Phil’s eyes were not always on the books or the ball; they were usually looking to the sky.

Phil grew up with the dream of living the simple life off the land like his forebears, but he soon found himself on a path to self-destruction—leasing a bar, drinking too much, fighting, and wasting his talents. He almost lost it all until he gave his life to God. And then everything changed.

Phil’s incredible story tells how he followed a calling from God and soon after invented a duck call that would begin an incredible journey to the life he had always dreamed of for himself and his family. With great love for his country, his family, and his maker, Phil has finally found the ingredients to the “good life” he always wanted

No comments:

Post a Comment