Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kony 2012

So if you haven't seen or heard of 'Kony 2012' you should for sure take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc&feature=youtube_gdata_player


It sounds like a great cause. Let me put this in here now, no I have not researched all the in-and-outs of it. That being said, my first reaction was to buy the kit and poster up the town. Who's heart doesn't break when they watch what these children are going through?! Who doesn't want to stand up for these beautiful children?! I'm a mom, I couldn't imagine, did you hear that... That was my heart crying, needing to hold these kids and tell them it will be okay. What I have to say, is just my opinion, nothing more. I want to put this out there to at least have it heard.

We are a visual culture so I found I found a few photos on the web.

These are all children that have been taken from their homes, from their families. They have not had a chance at a childhood, have had to do terrible things to keep living, live under the radar of society, who may or may not have a parent to help them through their days. These photos are of children that do what they have to do to get by. Uganda is not the only country that have invisible children.
There is only one Ugandan child in these photos. The rest are American children. What are we as Americans doing for our invisible children?
I'm not saying we shouldn't help Uganda, someone, maybe us does need to do something. I want to know why we aren't spending the amount that we spend on other countries to help their children and not ours. We go into large amounts of debt to assist with stoping terrible people in other countries. What about our country though?
What has me worried, is that we have forgotten that there are 'invisible children' around the world, not just because of Kony. Yes, he is a bad man. Yes, he needs to be stopped. Yes, there are children that need help. These children don't just live in Uganda though. They live down the road. How much are we doing for them?
If we can't help our children, how are we supposed to help other children?

No comments:

Post a Comment